Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pantas Inaugural Post

Now that I have secured the procrastination crown and stowed it next to my avoidance sash, I'm more than happy to contribute to our little bloggy-blog. Bojangles, you put up a good fight. You almost had me. I nearly blogged a few times prior to now, but shortly realized that I had nothing to blog.

Boston is fun. I would post pictures, but I've been waiting for a day that doesn't resemble a grey Pantone swatch and that hasn't happened yet.


I, too, am having to enter the world of public speaking. The week after next I'm speaking at a conference in Pasadena. I haven't started preparing for it yet (my dry run is on Monday) and am planning on a good dose of apathy, and possibly a stiff drink, to get me through. I was blinded by the fact that I could spend the weekend in LA with my friend Michelle when I agreed to attend this conference. Shortly thereafter I realized the trip entailed me speaking before 60 people or so for 40 mintues. This might require me lipglossing my full face.


Other than that, nothing terribly exciting is going on with me. I went to Denver earlier this week. I agreed to attend a meeting, not realizing it was in Denver until the day before (oops).


On the social front I've been attempting to establish a social life through meetup.com. Last weekend I went to a raw food group meeting. It was incredible. There was a moment of awkwardness when the randos I was sitting with asked me how long I had been a vegetarian and I had to respond with "um... never. But I have some vegan friends... and I recycle!". Aside from being a known outsider, and the food making me sick, it was awesome!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Being a "recycler" and friend of vegans, it is great to support them and learn about raw foods. Good luck with the social life. I have yet to find one outside of my little box I call motherhood.

Ferret said...

So far, these posts are just making me sad that I haven't talked to any of you in a long, long time and I have no idea what's going on in your lives until I read these tidbits. Somebody call me when you have a spare moment, aren't feeding a baby, aren't miserably tearing your hair out over school projects, aren't in Israel, and aren't making overly-lipglossed speeches to crowded rooms. I miss you all and I'm sorry I haven't called lately either. I've been taking home projects for work that have been taking up my weekends lately. Arrrgh.

nej said...

Well miss jetsetter, when are you going to speak in NYC? Sounds like you're busy, but good. Next time a raw foodist asks you if you're vegetarian, you should say that you stay away from traditional animal meat sources, but eat cats. See what happens... And if you need, I'm training my worms as body guards. I could loan them to you once their skill levels are up to par, if you want...