Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Land o' Elsa

And to update you on my life, since I am currently utilizing Angela's perfected "Avoidance Therapy" technique and baring my toushie to the one we like to call School:

In Elsabelle Land I have two weeks until my finals for the quarter. But "finals" is the incorrect term, it's really one critique and lots of blood, sweat, and precious lost hours of sleep (and tears, yes). The gist: Bare your soul to 3 or 4 panelists who could probably give a shit. But, 'tis the real world of design that awaits me...on the very near horizon. I have one more "real" quarter where I will take a full load of classes, then I have my "graduate" quarter (in the summer) where I focus on building out my portfolio. My final quarter I'll have an advisor or two, perhaps take one class, and spend the remainder of the time fleshing out old projects. Or throwing them in the trash and completely starting from scratch. But alas, I get ahead of myself.

Though my quarter appears at the surface to be wrapping up, in real time I am barely keeping my head above water. I have an incredibly intense workload, and at this point I've been pushed far enough that I've reached Apathetic Stage. And want to shoot my teachers with bazookas. You know those people who spin plates on their noses, ears, and eyelids? I'm doing all of that, with the plates full of Thanksgiving dinner. Eventually the cranberry sauce is going to fly off and smack a table guest in the face.

But enough about school. In life-land my mom has sold her house and closes on it this Friday. Ohh, too bad it can't be with good ol' Hippe & Assoc. It's been very strange watching our house empty out over the past three weeks. This past weekend the biggest furniture was packed up and put into storage. She's headed to New Orleans for a while, then on to Oregon once she finds a house out there. I am very sad to see her go, also because I want to be near to help support her...but I know this change is so good for her. Scary, but good. When isn't change scary anyway?

Now my bed is luring me with its down comforter coattails....

*If you do not publish a post the blogger monster will hide out in your closet...or under your bed...or in your cereal bowl.

No comments: